Filmonik HQ is host to a number of special screenings. Our "pop-up" cinema welcomes talent from the North-West and beyond. Aside from these special events, and between our yearly Kabarets, we host the Filmonik Open Screenings.
The Open Screenings are a hassle-free, “open-mic” style film screening. There’s no paperwork to sign and no fee to pay. In keeping with the Kabaret spirit, it’s more important for us to get your film screened than to fuss over the particulars. We won’t hold your film ransom and we don’t pre-screen anything. Plus, if you screen a film you get in for free. We’re open to all sorts, from the dramatic to the comedic, from animations to sketches to music videos.
All you need to do is follow a few simple rules…
* Films should be presented IN PERSON.
* Your film should end with the official open-screening end-slate (a tailored end-slate will be available via the event-post).
* Films must be under 10 minutes long and ideally around the 5 minute mark. If your film is over 10, email us at email@example.com and we may be able to make an exception.
* You should only present 1 film per screening. We will not screen in-jokes. Think of this as a regular public screening, just without the hassle.
* If you want to screen a film, please email us before the event at firstname.lastname@example.org (this is so we know how many films to expect on the night - you don’t need to make a pitch; your film WILL get screened).
* You may also bring your film along unannounced, but be aware that our roster of films is often bulging at the seams.
* Your film is your free pass to the screening! Ideally, bring your film on a usb stick or hard drive. DVDs may also be accepted. We WILL NOT play films via the internet. Blu-Ray may be accepted, but please email us in advance.
* If possible, please compress your film as a Quicktime/MOV file with an H.264 codec. Most importantly, set a maximum bitrate of 10,000Kbps. This should prevent any chance of playback issues.
There’s no fixed lineup (all films are drawn randomly from a hat) and no Q&A sessions; Our screening nights are a hive of experienced filmmaking types who are always eager to chat about your movies. It’s a screening, networking event and social gathering all rolled into one. Get your film seen, or just come down and watch what the local talent is up to.
Link to disclaimers applicable to the above (click here)